- You are here:
- Privacy Statement
Avec Solutions is committed to protecting your privacy. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which states that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to You and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
- kept securely
How do we collect your information?
You give us your information when you purchase services from us, sign up to one of our mailing lists, apply for a job, or communicate with us.
Visitors to our Website
When someone visits the Avec Solutions website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out information such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This data is only processed anonymously. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
Mailing List Sign Up
As part of the registration process for our mailing lists, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to provide you with information you have asked for; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to keep our records up to date and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com.
If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you regarding services you have purchased from us.
We do not sell personal details to third parties for any purpose.
How we keep your details safe and secure
Your personal data will be held and processed on Avec Solutions' systems. We always seek to hold your data securely. Personal information is only accessed by people who need it to do their job. Certain data, for example sensitive information, is additionally controlled and is only made visible to members of staff who have a reason to work with it.
Our basis for processing your personal information & what we use it for
We aim to be clear when we collect your data and to not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
We will process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract. For example:
- to help us identify you and the accounts you hold with us;
- to provide customer care;
- to enable us to review, develop and improve our services and website;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to contact you about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you; or
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also process your personal data (including sensitive personal data) where:
- it is necessary for medical purposes (for example, in a medical emergency);
- it is necessary to protect your or another person’s vital interests; or
- we have your consent to do so.
If you would like to change your communication preferences to opt in or out of receiving specific communications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we keep your information?
We may retain information for a period of six years after your association with us has come to an end. Some information may be retained indefinitely for historical, statistical or research purposes. As stated below, you have the right to require us to erase personal data.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed encompasses our obligation to provide ‘fair processing information’, typically through a privacy notice. It emphasises the need for transparency over how we use personal data.
- The right of access - Individuals have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information. The right of access allows individuals to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
- The right to rectification - your personal data can be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing for example upon the withdrawal of consent for direct marketing.
- The right to restrict processing - individuals have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data
- The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- The right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. The GDPR provides safeguards for individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken without human intervention.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, where relevant. We are required to make it as easy to withdraw consent as to give consent.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Information Commissioner for Northern Ireland may be contacted here: Information Commissioner's Office, 3rd Floor, 14 Cromac Place, Belfast BT7 2JB. Tel: 028 9027 8757 or 0303 123 1114. Visit the website https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
For more information on your rights please visit ICO website.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to email@example.com.
Personal data managed by our clients
A “client” is a customer of Avec Soltuions to whom we provide the various services our business offers. “Client customer data” is the personal data belonging the parties with whom our cient has a relationship.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 22 May 2018.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitors' requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable;
We may from time to time work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example, Google Analytics. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
Name of cookie
Purpose for the cookie
The content management system on this website uses sessional (temporary) cookies to store login information and handle e-commerce transactions
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org